March 25, 2009

If one more person talks about bacon...


I've never considered myself a trendy person. I might be a hipster in some sense of the word, but not particularly trendy. So when it comes to this sudden craze around bacon, I've had enough.

I'll admit - I love bacon just as much as the next guy or gal. But if I have to read one more story about bacon fried this, bacon fried that, bacon explosions, etc., I'm going to become a vegetarian.

I mention this because now, bacon fans have taken things too far. In todays Tasting Table, there is an article titled "When Trends Collide: It was inevitable. Cupcake, meet bacon." This is the straw that broke this camel's back. ENOUGH ALREADY! Food fusions are as annoying as celebrity name hybrids (TomKat, Brangelina, etc.), but when you go and take something as innocent and delicious as the cupcake and pervert it with bacon bit sprinkles, I call your bluff gentlemen and ladies. Perhaps it's because I come from a family where my mother won't let her food touch on her plate (it will be cold day in hell before my mom's mashed potatoes ever mingle with her asparagus), but some things should simply be left on the drawing room floor - I feel like this bacon cupcake trend is one of them. I mean seriously - how appetizing does a BLT cupcake topped with ranch-flavored frosting, heirloom tomatoes and microgreens, or a potato cupcake topped with sour-cream frosting, chives and bacon crumbles really sound?

However, Tasting Table seems to think the bacon/cupcake mating is tasty enough to warrant an entire article so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and let this one slide. Find out about this annoying trend for yourself and read about it here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails