March 3, 2009
Today's Tasting Table Everywhere features a new cookbook by Nicole Rees entitled Baking Unplugged. For all of us struggling financially these days and can't spring for the $299 KitchenAid mixer, Rees' book is just for you. Nothing in this book isn't something your great great grandmother couldn't have whipped up in her kitchen - and I'm pretty certain they weren't rocking food processors back in the day.
Some of the delicious recipes include:
• Morning favorites like Blueberry Muffins, Southern-Style Pull-Apart Biscuits and Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns will give everyone an excuse to wake up early.
• Easy-to-make drop cookies like Chocolate Fudge Cookies, Espresso Gingerbread Cutouts and Caramel Turtle Bars.
• Rewarding cakes like Moist Vanilla Pound Cake (including five variations!) and Golden Birthday Cake with Fudge Frosting.
• Home-style fruit pies and tarts like Peach Pie and Fresh Berry Tart plus a fool-proof pie pastry recipe that can be used again and again.
• Elegant creamy desserts like Classic Tiramisu and Chocolate-Banana Cream Tart provide stunning results with less effort than you’d think.
You can buy the book on Amazon - the retail price is $21.86.
Funnily enough, Ms. Rees is based in Portland, Oregon. I'm catching a plane to that very city this afternoon! If Ms. Rees reads this - I'd love to meet with you and talk about your book!