March 20, 2009

CupcakeCamp NYC announces venue and date!



CupcakeCamp NYC, my little side project, is all systems go! After week of being turned down by bar and venue owners when I approached them to host the event, the folks at Happy Ending Lounge have come through with shining colors!

Here are the details:

WHAT: CupcakeCamp NYC - please visit our website!

WHEN: Friday, April 10th, 2009 @ 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

WHERE: Happy Ending Lounge - 302 Broome Street, New York, NY (b/t Forsyth and Grand)

If you are interested in baking and/or volunteering to work the event, please e-mail me at cupcakecampnyc@gmail.com.

If you are interested in just attending and noshing on cupcakes, e-mail me at cupcakecampnyc@gmail.com.

I can't wait to see all of you on the 10th!

And for those of you with some questions, read this:

1. Can I buy or sell cupcakes at the event?
No. CupcakeCamp is for people who want to bring cupcakes and eat them for free *at the event*.

2. Can I really attend if I don’t bring cupcakes?
Yes! While bringing cupcakes is encouraged, we need 11 people to eat a cupcake for every dozen!

3. I’ve heard the event is based off of BarCamp, what is that?
Check out http://barcamp.org

4. Do we bake or decorate our cupcakes at the event?
No - your cupcakes should be ready to go at the event. However, feel free to organize your own baking get-togethers with friends before CupcakeCamp!

5. Where have CupcakeCamps already taken place?
People have organized CupcakeCamps in San Francisco, Pittsburgh and Toronto so far! Check out CupcakeCamp.org for the history of this amazing movement!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails