March 11, 2009

First Lady Michelle Obama sings the praises of eating healthy - The New York Times


There was an interesting article in The New York Times' Dining & Wine section yesterday talking about First Lady Michelle Obama's stance on eating healthy and encouraging the country to follow the First Family's example.

It's so refreshing to finally see healthful eating at the top of the agenda these days. Although this blog is about desserts and pastries, I'm all for a well-balanced diet...just with an occasional sweet treat thrown in every now and again...or every day...I exercise a lot! Leave me alone!

Hoever, my favorite part of the article was one of the photos included, which features Michelle Obama standing in front of a platter that doesn't look like it's adorned with broccoli and fresh vegetables. Now I'm no expert, but I'm pretty certain that whatever those pink things were, they didn't come from a farmer's market...


First Lady Obama was also featured in the Times a few weeks ago when she invited a group of culinary students from L’Academie de Cuisine in Gaithersburg, Maryland to the White House for a kitchen tour prior to the annual state dinner. You can read the full article here.

Just when I think I can't love the First Family any more, they win my heart over by showing love to the foodie community and the hardworking culinary students of the world. The Obama family continues to inspire me every day, and considering how things are going, I'm waiting for one of them to show up at my front door with a cupcake from sugar Sweet sunshine and puppy and say to me,"Thanks for writing about us on your blog." They just seem THAT friendly.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails