May 5, 2009

In Today's New York Times: Happy Birthday to Me, With a Spanish Lilt


In less than 12 hours, I've read two references to “The Cake Bible” by Rose Levy Beranbaum, so I'm now considering this a sign from somewhere that I'm supposed to have this book. Consider it done Universe. I know when you're trying to give me a hint.

Secondly, the New York Times has a fantastic piece today about writer Melissa Clark's Spanishy (I just made that word up) birthday cake, which was adapted from the almond sour cream cake in Beranbaum's book. This cake doesn't really seem my speed and I've never really read an article where I thought,"Man, that cake kind of sounds pretentious. I don't we'd get along very well." But to each their own. Check out the full article here.

And along the same lines of the everyday cake, was is your favorite birthday cake? Mine is, easily, coconut cake.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails