February 24, 2010

365 days: Happy 1 year anniversary Puff & Choux!

 
Eating a voodoo doughnut at Portland's legendary doughnut shop of the same name - just one of my adventures since founding Puff & Choux last year.

Exactly a year ago today, I wrote my very first post on Puff & Choux. I remember stressing out over what I should name this little blog, and honestly, I can’t recall how I finally settled upon the name. Regardless, it’s been a life-changing year.

In one year, I’ve been laid off from two jobs, dated a few dudes, traveled to some cool and some not so cool locales, and have experienced some deep down lows and some great highs, but one thing has always been a constant: this blog.

Puff & Choux has introduced me to some of the most amazing New Yorkers this city has to offer and has opened my eyes to what might be the world’s most vibrant food community, everything from the importance of the Greenmarket to just how many earth shatteringly cool movements Brooklynites are starting in this modern day food revolution. From placing 2nd in Bon Appetit’s Blog Envy Party Recipe Contest to meeting Judith Jones and Amanda Hesser (I know it sounds nuts, but these women are amazing), I can’t tell you just how much fun I’ve had this year.

More importantly, Puff & Choux showed me that I have a passion and that food writing is exactly what I’m supposed to be doing.

To all the people I’ve met in the food community over the last year, I can’t tell you how happy I am to call you my friends. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for welcoming me into your ranks. I can’t think of a better group of people to call my peeps.

And to you, the reader, thank you. As someone who has always considered writing a very personal act, I can’t tell you how much it warms my heart to know that you not only visit this blog, but you keep coming back. I get a little teary just thinking about how much you mean to me.

So, here’s to another 365 days of food writing, new friends and brilliant old ones, and just plain old fun. If it’s anything like the last 365, I can’t wait for the adventure on the horizon.

1 comment:

Mardi Michels said...

Congrats on your blogaversary! Looking forward to the next year of P+C!

Related Posts with Thumbnails