April 16, 2009

Baking Unplugged: Two amazing cookie recipes


When I was in Portland, Oregon, in March I had the privilege of meeting Nicole Rees, a wonderfully talented cookbook author and all around cool woman. She sent me a copy of her latest cookbook, Baking Unplugged, and over the last two nights I've tried out two of her oatmeal cookie recipes - Soft Oatmeal Cookies with Walnuts and Dried Cherries and Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips.


Normally, this is the part of the blog entry where I would share the recipes, but because these cookies might be some of the most delicious I've ever tasted, I want you all to go out and buy Nicole's book, so I'm not sharing! I am a huge proponent of Baking Unplugged because all of the recipes are gadget-free, meaning you don't have to own a fancy schmancy mixer or high tech oven to get these amazing results.

You can purchase her book on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and many other retail outlets. I highly suggest you check it out!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails