March 6, 2009

One of the reasons I fell in love with the pastry arts...

As many of my friends know, one of my favorite movies of all time is Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette. Between the music, costumes, scenery, I can't get enough of this movie. For me, it's a complete work of art, not meant to be historically accurate period piece, but intead portray a mood through an artistic lens.

The one element of this film that surprises me every time, not surprisingly, is the food styling. I've tried to find the name of the food stylist for this film, but to no avail. It's a shame because I would love to learn about about the person who somehow coordinated all those desserts with all the other elements of the film. I would love to thank this person for being one of the first to open up my eyes to the true artistry of pastries and desserts.

So, in honor of Friday, here is a delectible clip of my favorite scene in the movie. Happy Friday! Ciao!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails