March 10, 2009

Recipe of the Day - Chocolate Cake in a Mug


I like to think of my friend Ryoko as my food soul mate i.e. we both have the most amazing sense of taste I've ever encountered...not to brag or anything...

Ryoko and I have shared many tasty treats together over the past few years, so I was delighted when she sent me this little recipe for Chocolate Cake in a Mug. In her note, Ryoko reminded me of something - cooking is supposed to be fun. So regardless of whether this is the most gourmet, fancy pancy chocolate cake you've ever whipped up in your kitchen or the cheapest thing your since those corn dogs you bought six months ago, it's fun. I think a lot of people forget about this fundamental idea of cooking being enjoyable, so I hope Ryoko's recipe reminds you of this fact. As Ryoko says, I can't think of a faster, more satisfying solution for those cake cravings we all get sometimes.


Ryoko's "I don't care if you have a culinary degree - this recipe is fun" Chocolate Cake in a Mug Recipe

Equipment:
1 Coffee Mug
Measuring spoons

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Some nuts (optional)
Small splash of vanilla


Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high. The cake

will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

Eat!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails